Monday, August 22, 2011

Spotlight on the author Mo Willems


I LOVE Mo Willems, and it is a great way to start the year with funny, short, fun books that the kids can read. My kids love these for their book bags after I read them each day for the first month of school. Read aloud is essential to reading comprehension and interest, so I make sure I do this each and every day! The project below goes with the book "The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog". It is great for not only first grade, but second as well.

The first picture gives step by step instructions and pictures for making pigeon and duck puppets! Just click and enjoy!


The next link is a follow up sheet I used for the first graders to write their own dialogue for the pigeon and the duck. They chose what they wanted the pigeon to find in their story, drew a picture, and then wrote their story! At the end of the lesson, they shared their stories they wrote like a play! Effective for creating dialogue and stories, and SO much FUN!


Check out even more free resources at my blog!

First Grade Friends





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips