Friday, September 30, 2011

Publishing Party!

Hey everyone!  My first graders just  wrote some amazing picture books.  I have a template available in a post on my blog, and below:
Beginning with the brainstorm page, I modeled a page a day, ending with the title page.  After I modeled my part of my story, for example my characters and setting, my first graders would go back to their seats and write this same part of their story.  Each child created a different and unique story, and it took a lot of work, but it was so worth it!  I made sure to conference with the kids each day after they completed another page to their story, and they kept this in their writing folders until we came to the final day where we created the title page.

After this, we had a "Publishing Party"!  Click on the picture below to go to my blog and get the template and description for this publishing party yourself!


First Grade Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips